My dear friend Derek* was kind enough to honor my blog with a Liebster Blog Award.
Basically, he’s acknowledging that I have a very small number of readers** and yet he finds my writing enjoyable.
Thanks Derek, aka obiwannabe! His is a blog worth reading, for the record, if you’re into really good creative writing with a side of nerd sauce.
In keeping with the rules…
The Award: The Liebster Blog Award is given to up coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest,dearest, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The rules for the Liebster Blog Award are:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Copy & paste the blog award on your blog
- Reveal your 5 blog picks.
- Let them know you choose them by leaving a comment on their blog.
I’m a total WordPress neophyte, and I’m not totally sure how to figure out how many followers another blog has, unless it’s explicitly listed on their homepage. So, if you’re a WP rockstar and have 5 bajillion followers, and I missed it – I apologize for giving you this crayon scrawled award. You can throw it away after I leave. [sniffle]
So here they are:
- Write Healthy – Of course I love a blog about health issues and the process of health journalism. Laura is extremely brave and relays her experience, print stories, multimedia profile and some pretty kickass photos from her travels abroad on her blog.
- Pop the Q – First-hand proposal stories complete with the most beautiful wedding photos you’ve ever seen. I’m partial to the story written by Ryan about proposing to some chick named Chelsea….
- She Styles NYC – It’s hard to believe I’m related to someone so fashionable! The artist known as Dawn Thrasher shows her styling skills and points out some fashion spills made my celebrities in the big apple.
- Prime Mary – Putting the “E” in primary. Sharing news in, well, fabulousness.
- Overseen in Athens – Many know about Overheard in Athens, but less is known about Overseen in Athens. LOLs are much LOLier when they take place where you live.
*Now that we’ve gotten past the phase where he says I have “opera face” and am not “a person” every night, I can call him that. He’s pretty awesome.
**Whom I love and adore almost as I love the word whom, when used correctly.